A how-to guide to sim unlocking the Galaxy S6 Tmobile USA (SM-G920T)
The new T-mobile generation Samsung cellular phones have a modified firmware (the software of the phone) that prevents you from entering the official unlock codes.
The current situation:
T-Mobile offers a special 'unlock app' where you need to request the unlock with T-mobile which is obviously not free and not cheap either, when you put another simcard in the phone the phone will just not ask you for the sim unlock code. So even if you get the unlock code you can't do anything with it....
Unlock Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920T solution
First: this is an advanced solution and ONLY works for the SM-G920T. It does NOT work for the S6 Edge (SM-G925T), the concept for the S6 Edge is the same but you need a non T-Mobile firmware (full original stock inc the kernel) for that specific model.
Here is the step-by-step how-to unlock Samsung S6 SM-G920T guide:
Click here to download the guide
Models that have the same new security include:
- SM-G920T and SM-G925T Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge.
- SM-N910T Samsung Galaxy Note 4 IMEI’s starting with 3545 and 3560
- SM-G900T Samsung Galaxy S5 IMEI’s starting with 3536 and 3518
- SM-G386T Samsung Galaxy Avant IMEI’s starting with 3548 and 3528
- SGH-T399 Samsung Galaxy Light IMEI’s starting with 3547
- Some other models supported. Try IMEI’s starting with 3571, 3575 and others.
So if you have any of these models locked on T-Mobile USA don't just order unlock codes - make sure they ask for the Sim unlock code when you start it with foreign simcard first (you should always do this anyway).