- imei repair
Samsung I9300 imei repair manualPrint instructions
Important: IMEI Repair & SNR Repair are advanced functions and are only meant for people who know what they are doing. We assume NO responsibility what happens with your phone in case of wrong usage, and no refunds will be given in case of wrong usage!
Important 2: This function is for imei REPAIR only (in case of IMEI 0049xxxxx). Changing IMEI on your phone is ILLEGAL which we do NOT allow. Your payment details, IP and all phone details are logged and we will work with authorities and provide all these details when necessary! When buying our software you agree with the Terms Of Service where is also mentioned that IMEI Change is illegal and is prohibited always.
Important 3: Android4 family models (Including your Samsung I9300) need 2 cables for IMEI repair. You need both the 'Original Samsung USB cable' AND the special UART USB cable (C3300K FTDI UART cable).
Important 4: We strongly recommend to change your firmware to Android version 4.0.4 or lower. The 4.1.2 version has a known issue with the Modem port which often results in an error stating that the modem can't be found even if you manually set the modem port according to the number in your Device Manager.
If you damaged the IMEI (and / or SNR) on your Samsung GSM (resetting it to default e.g. 004999010640000) by bad (reset) codes, cracked unlock software or by wrongful flashing (firmware update), these advanced SRS functions will help you revive your Samsung back from the dead.
Some important things to remember (use this as a check list!):
- If your problem just suddenly happened without you messing with the phone (flashing / unlocking) most likely your problem is Hardware. This can NOT be fixed by software. Do not use our software
- When you damaged the phone's IMEI it is possible you damaged more then that. If you have 'Baseband Unknown' problem or IMEI all zeros (000000000000000) or blank you need to fix this first using
Free Samsung BaseBand repair.
- IMEI repair costs 6 credits and is NOT available with the normal '1 x Samsung unlock' account you need to purchase the 1 x Samsung Repair by cable account.
- If you do not have a valid SRS username and password yet: Buy a '1 x Samsung Repair by cable' account
- Download & run our SRS installer - Make sure you also select the Samsung drivers for download and installation
- If present uninstall 'Samsung PC studio software / Samsung KIES software' from your computer
- Restart computer (important for Android phones)
- (Turn off phone) Remove the battery and check the sticker underneath and locate 'IMEI' and 'S/N'. IMEI being a 15 digit number (ignore all other characters such as '-' '/' and ONLY use 15 FIRST digits) and 'S/N' being a letter + number combination (e.g. RQGBA15896R). Write both down and double check!! It is SUPER important you get these right.
- Strongly recommended: flash the phone with a stock non-branded full firmware
- Strongly recommended: Repair Baseband using method 4 (Free Samsung BaseBand repair)
Even if EFS seems to be ok it can be still have bad data which makes the IMEI repair fail
- Turn back on your phone (without SIM)
- If present on your phone make sure Bluetooth is turned OFF and 'Auto Screen Time out' is off
Click to see image example
- On the phone go to: Menu > Settings > Applications > Development (For some phones it is: Menu -> Settings -> Programs -> Development)
- Switch on the option USB DEBUGGING
Click to see image example
- Type *#7284# using your dialpad and make sure UART is set to 'modem'
- Connect UART FTDI USB cable to your computer only (not yet the phone)
- Now when you connect your cable your computer should pop-up with 'New Hardware found' message, at this moment Install the cable's (FTDI) drivers
- Connect the FTDI USB cable to your computer and your phone. Please use a USB port at the back of your computer (especially with Laptops).
If your FTDI USB cable has a external power supply (9 Volt battery connection) you have to use it and connect a 9V battery with sufficient charge.
- Now Windows will detect new Hardware. Some info boxes will pop-up at your right lower corner. Give Windows a couple minutes to finish this and Windows should pop-up with the
'Found New Hardware Wizard'
- Choose 'No, not at this time' and click 'Next >'. You will then see:
- Choose 'Install from a list or specific location' and press 'Next >'. You will now see:
Click on the 'Browse' button and browse to: c:Program FilesSimlock Remote ClientDriversFTDI-Cable. Then click 'Next >'
Note: our FTDI drivers are generic FTDI drivers. Some (china) cables need their own drivers and won't work with ours. In that case use drivers that came with the cable or contact the company where you bought the cable or drivers!
- Depending on the security settings on your machine Windows might ask:
Click 'Continue anyway'
- Now the drivers are being installed:
- Click 'Finish' in the last screen
- You are NOT done yet; after you click 'finish' the 'Found New Hardware Wizard' will pop-up again. You will have to do the same process exactly the same again.
Depending on your cable its is possible you have to do the same process twice more
- Now also connect the Original USB cable to your computer on another USB port and connect it to your phone (phone turned on)
- If the phone asks to go into a specific 'mode' on the phone itself choose 'KIES mode' (not mass storage mode)
- Run Samsung Remote Unlock Client (Start -> Programs -> Simlock Remote Client -> Samsung Remote Unlock client)
- Login using your SRS login
- Select your phone model from the drop down list
- Press rescan and make sure 'Samsung Android Modem' is detected (In case of trouble Check and set Samsung Andriod1 ports)
- IMPORTANT: only continue with writing IMEI if your IMEI starts with 0049 (or 0044)! If IMEI is blank or all zeros IMEI repair will NEVER be successful and NO refund will be given
- Click button 'Advanced Options' a new part of the software will appear at the bottom
- OK this is important - read carefully-:
To repair IMEI: ONLY fill out your 15 digit original IMEI (DIGITS ONLY) and NOT your SNR
To repair SNR: fill out BOTH IMEI and SNR
- Click 'Repair IMEI / SNR' button and follow instructions from the client
- During the process the client will instruct you to switch cables, at this moment disconnect the phone from the original USB cable and connect it to the UART USB cable
- Set Comport and Modem port to the correct port number from your FTDI drivers (How to set FTDI Comport)
- Make sure your FTDI USB cable is connected to your computer
- Open 'Device Manager' on your computer:
On XP go to: Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> (Switch to Classic view ) -> System -> Hardware (tab) -> Device Manager.
On Vista go to: Start -> Type in the following commando in the 'Search box': devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
On Windows 7 Click the pearl button (start button) then in the search box type 'Device Manager', you will see 'Device Manager' in the search results. Click and it opens.
- Now click the '+' at 'Ports (Com & LPT)'
- You should see a device there identified with 'FTDI' in the name and / or 'USB Serial Port'. You can directly see the com port number behind the name of the device between the brackets ()
- Select (or type) this number under 'Select Comport' in the SRS software
- Now continue with the instructions provided by our software to finish the IMEI/SNR repair process
Please don't go and start 'playing around' clicking all kinds of buttons. This product is for advanced users. We will NOT refund when you 'accidentally' click any of the 'unlock' buttons. Unlocking your phone will costs you 3 credits and then you can't use it anymore to repair your IMEI.
Samsung imei repair manual by Unlocksamsungonline.com